I was looking at a US article about the Lenovo x250 earlier and clicked to the US website. I configured the options as I wanted them and the price was pretty decent: 975$! Curious to see what the price in Belgium would be I configured the exact same system, and I was pretty bummed to see the same one would cost me 1.355€. Since Belgium is a pretty small country I checked our neighboring countries to see if there was a lot of difference. There sure is...
Driving to France would save me about 150€, going to Holland would save me 50€ and driving over to Germany is even more expensive and I would have to pay 20€ extra, even tough sales tax is only 19% there compared to 21% in Belgium and Holland, 20% in France. Next I tried the same thing for Spain and the UK, Spain was the cheapest of mainland Europe at 1.134€ but the UK was cheapest of them all at 1.097€. Just for fun I calculated the price of a flight to the UK with Ryanair and that would cost me 24€ for a round trip. So flying to the UK and buying a laptop there would save me 282€. Crazy...
- CPU: Intel i5-5200U
- OS: Windows 10 home
- Office: No
- Display: 12.5" FHD (1920x1080) IPS
- Memory: 4GB
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5500
- Keyboard: US english backlit
- Navigation: UltraNav (TrackPoint and TouchPad) without Fingerprint Reader
- Camera: No
- Hard Drive: 500GB Hard Disk Drive
- Battery Front: ThinkPad Battery 3 cell Li-Ion (23.2Whr)
- Battery Back: ThinkPad Battery 6 cell Li-Ion (72Wh) Cyl HC